Full-time Event Coordinator
The North Charleston Coliseum Complex is now accepting applications for Full-time Event Coordinator. This position will act as a liaison between the North Charleston Coliseum, Convention and Performing Arts Center and the Lessee as well as the City of North Charleston for Events as assigned.
- Gather accurate event production information in advance of the events and ensure that set-ups are accurate for all events.
- On-site event coverage with the ability to work a flexible schedule that includes nights, weekends and holidays.
- Communicate all event information to the appropriate departments and staff to maintain proper scheduling and supervision.
- Assemble information for event settlements and present to Finance.
- Direct, in conjunction with Department Managers, the work of the Operations, Event and Contract Services staff for all events.
Demonstrated knowledge of current management principles and practices including supervisory skills, budgeting and scheduling of employees; knowledge of event production and operations including coordinating event producers, pre-event planning, organizing physical facility and staffing. Degree in management or business-related field or three years event operations experience in a similar facility preferred.
A background and credit check is required for this position. Benefits include: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Long Term Disability and Life Insurance. Salary is open. Interested applicants may apply by sending their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailing to the attention of Tina Johnson, HR Manager, 5001 Coliseum Drive, North Charleston, SC 29418. Resumes will be accepted from October 21, 2014 through November 4, 2014.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRRA Federal Contractor.